Tuesday 27 August 2013

Standing Armour.

With the morning sun gaining strength I sought the shelter and coolness of the ritual circle and succumbed to the temptation of sketching the suit of armour standing by the central pier.

While I was concentrating on the proportions and gifting the sketch with as much accuracy as I could, a wandering merchant from the Vipers came over to chat. He was most generous with his knowledge and explained many of the aspects and symbolisms surrounding us (I have tried to pass on some of this with the explanations accompanying other sketches from this years gathering).

I stopped sketching to chat for some twenty minutes or half an hour with him, it was only when some rough looking seafarers passed by he seemed to gain a desire to move on and left towing his wares behind him.


No comments:

Post a Comment