Tuesday 26 August 2014

God of the Sky


On the final morning of the Gathering I returned to the Sunset ritual circle, beside the statue of Anubis was the statue of a god with the head of a bird. My knowledge of Jackals culture and belief falters at this point, I am not sure if this is Ra or Horus, I intended to ask a member of the Jackals but it slipped my aging mind at the time. However, it would have been wrong to miss the striking image from my sketchbook. I will make a point of learning more when the nations next meet. Perhaps I will be able to buy someone a drink and return the hospitality the Jackals showed me when I visited their camp on the evening of the second day.

Update: Thank you to Alrisha of the Jackals for informing me this is Thoth, ancestor of knowledge. The head is the form of an Ibis, a bird sacred to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment