Wednesday 28 May 2014

The Drinkers.

A stroll in the afternoon sunshine is best interrupted by cold beer as often as possible. I was passing the beer tent and it seemed a shame to waste the opportunity. Clutching a pint I carefully picked my way through the tables and muddy floor to a quiet corner. After a few sips I grabbed my pen and began to add a little more ink to some of my earlier sketches. In front of me I became aware of sniggering & the general sounds of mischief. I looked up to find four of Norsca’s finest fighters holding a set pose and chanting the words “we know what you're doing!”. The spontaneous comedy seemed to have set a few people laughing in the bar including myself, graciously they held the pose long enough for me to capture them with an imp in a box snapshot. Nialls suggested a title of Four Jerks in a Bar for the sketch (ok, I confess the title wasn't quite that, but it is a family event) and it was an honour to sketch them up once I had finished my pint.

No comments:

Post a Comment